- 1 1/4 cup almond milk, or any milk you wish
- 2/3 cup Stonyfield Plain 0% Fat Yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose unbleached, white whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour mix*
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- cooking spray
In a blender combine, starting with the liquid first add the milk, yogurt, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt and mix until well combined and smooth, about 30 to 60 seconds.
Heat a waffle iron over medium heat (I used number 3 on mine) and let it heat up.
When hot spray with cooking spray and pour 1/2 cup of batter in the center, close and cook until golden brown and slightly crisp on the edges, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Repeat with the remaining batter or refrigerate the remaining.
To make gluten-free I tested this with Cup4Cup Gluten free flour and added 2 more tablespoons of almond milk. This will NOT work with almond flour.